Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Everything you need to know about Vacuum Bags Part 2


Part 2! Click here for the first part.



Bag-less vacuums share a lot of the problems that cloth bags do.
You have to manually dump them, it can get messy, and clumsiness may lead to dust
explosion. The added benefit is that you don’t have to spend any money on bags. However, what you do have to spend money on is your filter. The filter on your vacuum… Let’s look at the above picture that I drew on my iPad. The blue is the vacuum, yellow is the airflow with dust, green is airflow with dust and things dumped down, and pink is the clean air that comes out. The red box is your filter. It filters out the air that comes out your vacuum. This filter will have to be changed, and the biggest problem with bag-less units is that your vacuum will lose suction quickly due to the filter getting dirty.

The Water Filtration system vacuums (Rainbow) are iffy. The problem with water near electronics is that… there’s water near your electronic. The way these work is that the dust you vacuum goes through the water, and gets trapped in there. What you’re left with is really dirty water, which must be handled with care when emptying it. It’s much more of a hassle than it sounds, and if not handled properly or if there is any fault in the workmanship, your vacuum will quickly rust, short circuit and/or deteriorate. Plus the water gets really smelly if you leave it around too long.

Conclusion in part 3!

14 comments:

  1. Interesting! I see your a professional at Vacuums. Didn't know there were vacuums that use water filters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The water just doesn't sound like a good idea, the bagless I never knew about the filter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Water might be problematic if you don't know what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a bagels vacuum. I can testify for the dust explosions. Those aren't fun... haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. and by a bagels vacuum, I mean a bag-less vacuum. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want a bagels vacuum lol...

    I never knew there was so much to learn about vacuums!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vacuuming... wow. Never thought I'd read something about vacuums..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like I should invest in a new vacuum then...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a water vacuum for a few years. It's really that horrible. I'm glad for my bag vacuum now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I clean my vacuum filter everytime with a Q-tip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol what is this? a car seat?

    ReplyDelete