Monday, March 19, 2012

Everything you need to know about Vacuum Bags Part 1


This post is dedicated to DEZMOND. I was going to get into this at a later time but since he asked I'll get into it now.
The first 2 are Paper bags, that are folded in half, followed by 2 Cloth Bags

There are, to my knowledge, 4 types of “bags”
Paper bags, Cloth Bags, Bag-less and Water Filtration

Paper bags are your traditional bags. Some have more advanced features, like a docking system, or some sort of way that attempts to trap dust inside when you’re changing bags. The majority of these are successful, and innovation has really moved forward with these. This is illustrated with the second bag in the above picture. The flap here is closed automatically when you pull up on the bag to remove it from the vacuum. These are your buy and toss bags, the simplest way to take care of your dust.

Cloth bags are bags that are meant to be used over and over again over a span of time. They’re found mostly in commercial machines and backpack vacuums (a-ha, did you know these exist?). The problem with these is that the bag begins to deteriorate depending on what you’re vacuuming, and it can get smelly and dirty. Also, you have to dump out the dust manually each time it gets full, or, as stated in the last post, 75% full. Cloth bags will either have small openings that dust will have difficulty getting out off, (bag number 3) or large openings that may allow dust to fly out freely (bag number 4).

Seeing as how this is a long post as it is, I’m just going to leave it at that for now.  I have to pace out my content after all, haha. Tomorrow I’ll talk about the water filtration system and what I believe is the best choice.


Click here for part 2!

16 comments:

  1. thanks for this one :)
    I have the cloth bag, since finding the right paper bag for the vacuum cleaner isn't easy in my country. Off course cleaning the cloth bag is hell.
    I'd love to buy the water filter one.
    You can also once mention the smelly perfumed thingies we can put into our vacuums to spread nice odour while vacuuming :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me that wasn't a long post..hahaha...dedicating it to Dezmond, as if his head isn't big enough..haha... never used cloth bags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pffft, Pat you naughty Cat, jealousy really doesn't look good on you :) it makes your whiskers curl in an odd way :P

      Delete
  3. Very interesting information, I always thought bags were useless...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine's plastic?! What does that mean??? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paper bags are probably the easiest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, mine has a cloth bag and I hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. People still use vacuums with bags?? It seems so outdated... :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use paper bags with mine. It can be a little expensive, but they work well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad we don't have a vacuum or else I am obliged to absorb everything you just shared :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I had a central vaccuum. =( Those things are amazing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those things are amazing! I'm going to blog about those eventually.

      Delete